Wednesday, December 10, 2008

My beautiful Autumn Lee.

Everyday I look at my little girl and just can't believe how grown up she is. There are days I am sad that in just a few weeks I won't be able to devote all my time and attention to just her. She is at such a fun age, and I wonder if my life would have been complete with just her. I already feel a lot of love for unborn Weston, but I have selfish days where I think that maybe having just Autumn would have been fulfilling enough, so I can enjoy all of Autumns Autumn-isms. I am anxious to see and meet our unborn child, and am glad we have been blessed with the ability to bear and raise children. So for the next month I will soak in as much Autumn as I can, so that when Weston does come, if I think that I am not paying enough attention to Autumn I can remember that she got 20 months of my undivided attention, and Weston will always have had to share my attention with his sister. Autumn was being silly outside. We decided to sing "Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree." She loves that she can do all the motions. Here she is watching her hand as it opens and closes for "popcorn popping.""I can take an armful and make a treat."After singing it was to the park with Grandma!I love the relationship Autumn has with her aunt. Growing up we didn't live around my aunts and uncles, and I haven't ever lived around my other 2 neices and 2 nephews. So I love that Autumn loves her aunt and that they have such a special bond and relationship at such an early stage in Autumns life. This was after church on Sun. We have a lot of pictures because my mom is glued to her camera. It's beneficial to my sister and I because she captures some really cute photos of our kids that we wouldn't have ever gotten.

5 comments:

Kerrie said...

Sometimes I think the same way. I see Ryan's brother and his wife with their little girl and how they can give all their attention to her and wonder how nice it would be. But then I look around at my family then I think that they should be envious of me. I value my children, not the things I can give them. His wife has said to me that they have so much love for their daughter how could she love another child. I don't see how anyone can question how could love another one of their own children. I think people confuse time and things with love. Having more children has made me love each one even more. I used to watch Runway Moms on discovery health and they had this one mom that said her first daughter made her a mother, but her second one made her a better mother (she happened to be Mormon). I used to not see that when I had Morgan, but I totally understand that now, especially now with Jack. You'll see that when Weston comes, but you will always wonder what it would be like to just have one, and you might even wonder what it would be like to have ten! That's something that's been going through my head lately anyway. Anyway... Sorry for the long comment!

Cindy Ardis said...

Lucky me to have such cute grandkids to take pictures of.
when I go home they will be fun to look at and share with grandpa. Can't wait to take some of Weston.

Pauly said...

I understand what you are feeling. There are days that I simply cannot bear to take any of my attention or time away from Wy. I have said since the day he was born that he may be our one and only. Simply because I want to give him everything I can and I do feel completely fullfilled.

I get it. but I am sure you will be a great mommy to all your kids not matter how many.

amee sorensen said...

April! She is so cute! These pictures are awesome! I love the look on her face when she was doing the song! And that last one with her cute dress on. She's adorable.

Tanya said...

Hey I remember that feeling! Very normal. But you and I both know more kids-more love! Good luck with everything! Let us know when it all happens!