Monday, May 16, 2011

4 Years Ago

I can remember this day vividly 4 years ago. I woke up at 4:30 a.m. with insane contractions. I timed them out on our couch for 2 hours, and then called my brother because they were a min. apart (they were living in TN and 2 hours ahead of us so I knew someone was awake to talk to me) and he told me to call his wife. I talk to my sister in law for 5 min, which I am crying the whole time because I am realizing this is the day. She tells me to get to the hospital. So I call my dad who wakes up my mom and she says she will be over soon. I wake up Drew and tell him to get ready, then I shower. We are at the hospital at 9 a.m. I am admitted because I dialated from a 3 to a 4 in the first 30 min I was there. My dad came, then my 2 sisters. I got the epidural, they broke my water, they got everyone out of the room, I pushed for 15 min. and at 4:15 my little girl was born. The first thing I said, "That felt so weird." In reference to feeling Autumn depart my body and enter this world a breathing, screaming person. It was amazing. It was perfect. The dr. and my mom all agreed it was a textbook birth, couldn't have gone any better and congratulated me. I felt so incredibly lucky to have such a wonderful experience with my first!

Now if only she could be as easy as the pregnancy and labor was with her. :)

Here are some quick shots I got of her today before heading to preschool to celebrate with her friends and teachers. I love that this little girl who doesn't sit long for much, will always sit and let me do her hair.
Their birthday is the one day they don't have to be in uniform at preschool, I love it. Happy Birthday Autumn!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Autumn, aunt Heather loves you! She looks so beautiful! I do remember that day also. I can't believe it has been 4 years, time sure does go by fast.