Sunday, June 26, 2011

6 months & 4 years

Last week I took Autumn and Bailey to the dr. for their well visits. I always love seeing how much they weigh and how tall they've gotten.
Weight: 15.1 lbs. (25th %)
Height: 26 1/2 in. (75th %)
Head: 43 cm (50th %)

Bailey at 6 months is so smiley, happy, and easy going. My easiest baby by far. The only thing remotely difficult about her is her lack of interest in baby food. She doesn't mind cereal or oatmeal- it's all the other untexturized food- green beans, bananas, peas, apples, etc... My favorite thing about her- whether she has napped for 3 hours and just gotten up or if she slept 15 min and got woken up by a sibling screaming, or if she is dog tired and fighting sleep- she is as happy as a clam. She is babbling, rolling in all directions and watching her try to figure out why she can't go forwards and only crawls backwards and in circles cracks me up. I hope she stays this easy.

Weight: 37 lbs. (50th %)
 Height: 40 1/2 in. (50th %)

Autumn at 4 years old has lived true to the claim that once kids are 4, they're over that terrible 2's and 3's stage. I originally hoped that at midnight on her birthday a magic switch would turn old behaviors off and she'd be over all that 2 and 3 year old mess. It didn't happen. It took about a month and now Autumn and I are getting along in ways I worried we never would. She isn't as big of a handful as she used to be and I rarely find myself reprimanding her. I am loving age 4 for so far! My favorite thing about her- seeing her light up with positive praise and when I get on to her brother about something she's quick to tell me that she's not doing that and she's being good. :) She's a big help with Bailey (and Weston) and she is doing amazing with learning to read. She amazes me and surprises me everyday.

I love these girls!

3 comments:

The Bunzells said...

I have to admit you've got some pretty darn cute girls! (Well, Weston's pretty cute too!) Glad Bailey is so easy going. I'm sure that helps considerably with 3 little ones.

Christy said...

I'm hear 5 is like the funnest age. They're still sweet and innocent but big enough to understand. You can starte enjoying them for who they are.

Heather said...

What CUTE kids! Love them to death and can't wait to see ya'll in a few weeks! Yeah! That is awesome that Autumn is learning to read, she just needs her mind filled or she is bored and acts out. I know, I have one! Christy is right, 5 is an awesome age! 2 and 3, scary, 4 is better and 5 is awesome! See you soon!